Monday 1 May 2017

Counting the days to the Global Education Conference in LA

Walking in the streets of Estonia, Tallinn
When we were children we used to count the days to the start of our vacations (to the sea or the mountains or even family visits) and put that amount of pebbles in a tin. Each morning would see a ritual as one pebble is discarded from the tin - one less day to wait. This is how I am feeling today - I want to gather some pebbles and put the tin on the windowsill, because middle May we will be on our way to the Spring Global Education Conference hosted by the University of Riverside in Los Angeles. Yes, if you want to, you can still send an abstract and join us!

From the web page, it seems that this is a small conference with about 30 participants? This could be because of the fact that there are several such conference during the year. You can already submit an abstract on any aspect of Education (hosted by the School of Education) for the upcoming conferences that will take place on August 16,17; November 15-16 and  1-2 February 2018. As previously mentioned on this blog, this is not the only conferences hosted by the University of Riverside. Most of their schools have several conferences each year (and normally linked to the seasons they take place in).

To be honest, it is not really the conference that has me looking for pebbles, it is the whole 'thing' of travelling. I love to travel. And I love all aspects of it, including wandering through airports, flying, the awe of seeing new places, hotel rooms, food that I did not prepare, and oh, do the things I cannot do when at home. These  normally include 1) watching the sun sets -at home this time is spend in the kitchen 2) walking  for miles and just enjoy what I see -  too dangerous in our neighborhood and country and 3) watching television shows such as Discovery and History channel before bedtime - at home I am behind my computer and do not watch television except for the Indian Premium League Cricket annually.

As from today, the 1st of May I will only post once a week on conference attendance. It would help to focus more attention on the more important conferences, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment